Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Office

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico

You know you’re in trouble when one drink costs more than your entrée. During happy hour. The Office is a place where such things happen. The restaurant itself is on the beach. On. As it you can walk down the beach from your hotel and literally stumble over a table. Chances are, you will stumble over that same table in your attempt to walk back to your hotel.

The first time we ate there, I think I had carnitas. I think that they were good. I know that the margarita was good. Being a place where all of the out-of-towners go to party, it can be wild and loud. The meal I remember the most, there, though, was late one night when the whole restaurant was practically deserted. The party was farther down the beach. My wife and I sat alone at a table on the beach. We split some chicken enchiladas and a margarita, listened to the surf, squished the sand between out toes, and watched a lunar eclipse.

One more thing, since Cabo is a big sport fishing destination, the chefs in the kitchen will cook your catch to order if you want them to.

The Office is located on Medano Beach a mile or so from downtown Cabo San Lucas.

No comments: